Monday, May 21, 2012

Bottle saga and No more "Rope"

I am so in love with you. I can't believe it has been 13 days since you were born. You have slept more than 6 hours 3 times since your birth. 2 night ago you slept from midnight until 645am. I had to wake YOU up and make you eat. The latching and breast feeding thing is not going so well. You will latch on the right side with and without a nipple shield, but you pull yourself off every minute or less and the root for the nipple again. After about 5 minutes you get frustrated and start crying. Mommy has a bottle obsession. I like buying bottles! I bought 4 packs of bottles awhile ago from Target that were on clearance and vowed I would use them. Well, I used them for the 1st 11 days...is that good enough? Outside of the hospital nipples on the formula we supplemented with this was your 1st bottle.
ehh they were okay. You chocked a lot on the breast milk in them.

You Grandma Linda and Grandpa Jerry came over yesterday and brought some gifts for you,  You got several 6-9 month outfits, 2 containers of Enfamil formula for the future when mommy's boobs stop working because you won't breast feed! This usually happens to me around 6 months of pumping! You got this Fisher-Price Discover 'N Grow Kick and Play Piano Gym.
You also got several other small toys. My favorite thing they bought that I was excited to try was the mOmma bottle by Lansinoh I thought you might like this bottle and it would help you latch. Well we tried it for 24 hours or so and I'm not sure if I love it. You did not chock as much on it....but I had free coupons for 2 playtex drop in liner nursers and I HAD to buy them today.
I have always resorted to the drop in liner bottles in the end. I used them with Ava once she started holding bottles so she could drink without sucking air because she would not hold them up. I used them for awhile with the boys, but ended up using Ventaire by Playetex in the end because Jacob took it best before he stopped eating by mouth...so I think I will just put the other bottles away and just stay with the drop in liner bottles I got today. They to are suppose to be good for breast feeding babies too, but I like them so when you can hold it yourself you won't suck air :-) So we have 2 of these to try for now.
Oh and before I forget Your nasty dried up umbilical cord fell off Saturday afternoon. You have a normal belly button now...well almost. It sticks out a little still. Ava referred to your umbilical cord as a "rope".

No comments:

Post a Comment